How to make arm sudnogo type
Arm sudnogo type is suitable for the blade with a narrow shank.
1. Take the wooden disc of the appropriate size. Give the workpiece the shape of the handle of the knife. If not a jigsaw, it can be done with a hacksaw. Thin sharp knife, bring the form to readiness and grind with a file or sandpaper.
2. Drill in a wooden workpiece hole to a depth of the shank length. Drill size should be equal to the width of the bottleneck of the shank. Hone the hole with a needle file if necessary. The shank should freely enter into the recess of the handle.
3. Prepare a solution of epoxy according to the instructions on the package. Dosing of the components of the preferred with the help of a disposable syringe. Resin can ruin the blade, so it can wrap masking tape or duct tape. The solution of epoxy mixed with fine sawdust and fill in the hole in the workpiece. Insert the shank of the knife. Leave it alone for a day so that the glue is completely dry.
4. To handle long-lasting, it is necessary to impregnate the wood with varnish. Heat linseed oil in a water bath and soak there arm. Leave the knife in this position for another day. Remove the handle from linseed oil, wipe with a clean napkin and leave to dry in the sun or under a sun lamp.
How to make the handle of
With a wide, flat shank of the blade is better to make the team slip handle and secure it with rivets.
1. The same treated wooden blank, as in the first embodiment, sawed lengthwise into two parts.
2. Prepare a small piece of the metal bar (bronze, steel, copper) for the manufacture of rivets. Under them in the shank need to drill 3-4 holes. The length of the segments of the rod should be about 2 times greater than the thickness of the handle.
3. In each of the two pieces of arm holes identical to the holes on the shank. You can gather design, tightly primatv of its parts to each other with electrical tape, and drill the holes for the rivets at one time.
4. Connect the two plates and bring them to a perfect match with a file and sandpaper. The metal segments cut to size future arm.
5. Shank clean with detergent and a toothbrush. Wipe dry.
6. The inner part of the lining, a metal shank and cuts grease epoxy resin. Assemble the entire structure of the arm, inserting rivets.
7. Wrap the handle with masking tape and rubber (old Bicycle camera). Wrap tight to all the parts of the handle tightly against the shank of the knife. Leave the design to dry for about two days.
8. Expand the grip and remove any excess resin with sandpaper. Simultaneously remove, if any, roughness and splinters. Pay special attention to the metal studs so as not to get hurt in the process of using the knife.