You will need
  • In order for the woman to leave the monastery will need:
  • - passport;
  • - certificate of marital status;
  • - autobiography;
  • - the application addressed to the abbess.
Decide for yourself – are you ready to leave the monastery. Joining a monastery is a very important decision. Taking it person should understand that he is going to radically change my life. Life in the monastery difficult – needs a lot of work physically, to observe all the fasting, to tame the flesh. But life in the monastery, frees man from worldly troubles, and gives you the opportunity to join the light, purity and faith.
If your intention firmly, consult your Confessor. It will help you to choose a monastery and to prepare for departure from the world.
Organize your files, documents, work it out legal issues.
Contact the abbess of the monastery and talk with her about your desire to come to the monastery. It will tell you what you need to bring with you.
When you arrive at the monastery, you'll need to present a passport, certificate of marital status and curriculum vitae, and a petition for adoption in the monastery in the name of the abbess. If all documents are in order you age, unmarried/divorced, if you have no children or your children is well arranged you will be in the monastery for a trial period. Most often, this period is three years. It can be cut, depending on how well-behaved and morally upright you show yourself at the monastery.
At the end of the probationary period, the superior will give a presentation on the vows of the ruling Bishop, and you will be able to perceive the monastic order.