Summer heat can cause serious harm to your health. The hot walls heat the air that enters the apartment from the open Windows, and the use of air conditioning causes the development of colds.
However, to get rid of the heat in an urban apartment is still possible. Try one of the following ways:
1. Take a cool shower about every 3-4 hours. You can get heat stroke, not going outside – if you live in a block of flats on the upper floors. Water treatments will help you to cool down.
2. Drink at least 2.5-3 liters of water a day. Not only soda and alcoholic beverages. The content of sugar in carbonated drinks is so high that to quench your thirst with lemonade will not work. And drinking alcohol in the heat can cause irreparable damage to the body. Your choice – sparkling water, green tea and herbal fees, which also are incredibly healthy.
3. Select the "right" curtains. Heavy curtains in dark shades of velvet, silk and artificial materials will not help you beat the heat. Choose curtains made of natural linen and bright colors – beige, white, yellow, or orange.
4. Purchase in store special reflective film. Attach it to the window in the apartment, located on the Sunny side.
5. Arrange in a stuffy room plates with ice or basins and bottles of cold water. If you have a fan, put the plates around it – so the room temperature will drop much faster. If you want to keep the effect as long as possible – fill the pots with ice, crushed using a blender.
6. Buy a humidifier. Air conditioners and fans can cause colds, rheumatism and sciatica. Humidifier operates on a different principle, but also helps to cope with the heat.