Let's try to understand. The attribution of photos (and illustrations, or video, audio or logo – the principles remain the same) – is the assignment of file names and descriptions as well as keywords. The easiest way to do immediately when processing photos in the editor. Sign work need English, but let it does not scare you – if the knowledge of English, come to the aid of the program translators. There are also online services that can greatly facilitate the task of the photographer.
Thus, for most of photostocks to the photo you want to add:
1) The Name (Title). Write what is shown on your work – short and descriptive as possible. Less beautiful epithets and phrases more specific. For example, do not sign the photograph "an Early Breakfast at the office, if no office, no time indicator on the work there. It is better to write: "White Cup of coffee, cookies and opened the diary on the grey surface. It is best to make the name so that it included a few key words.
2) Description. This is a brief description of the work, a little more detailed than the title. And here there are some subtleties. First of all, the description should not be identical to the name – you can't just copy the name into this field. Some microstocks, for example, Dreamstime, expressly prohibit to make the identical title and describe your work simply will not accept the check. Also try to make the description a little more detailed and used to describe slightly different words than those that were used in the title – so the work will be better indexed. Finally, please note that microstock Shutterstock as the name uses it is a description. This is especially important for editorial photos – this is where you need to enter the place and date of shooting.
3) Keywords (Keywords). That is what buyers will find your work, so don't be lazy, write the words efficiently and use them more. So, Shutterstock is permitted to use up to 50 keywords – take advantage of this opportunity:
· Describe a picture, putting everything it depicts. Objects, people, idea you wanted to Express the emotions that accompany the situation.
· On the other hand, do not use words that the situation did not belong. No need for photos with the Cup of coffee to write "Christmas" if anything relevant to the topic of the photos. Buyers who need Christmas photos, the work does not choose, but the search engine can throw it away. Of course, for sure we can not imagine the way the algorithm works – but why risk it?
As you can see, it's very simple. Take some time to attribution of their work and of sure to find and appreciate the buyers.