Mistake # 1 – all the links lead to the home page of your website.

At first glance, it is logical that all third party links will go to your home page – in fact it is your "face"... But that's not just wrong, it's a very bad strategy because most sites have too many links on the main page and what your website will stand out from the majority? You are lucky if in search results it can find in the 10th page...

A good strategy would be distribution of third-party links not only on the homepage and on all pages of your website. A simple example: Wikipedia is one of the most popular sites in the world. The analysis shows that a total of Wikipedia has over 600 million backward links, whereas the main page has about 6 million links. This means that only 1% of their total links point to the home page, while the remaining 99% goes to internal pages.

Mistake # 2 – stop getting links after getting on the first page in the search results.

After the long and hard work, you finally saw your website on the first page in the search for Yandex/Google. Gleefully rubbing his hands and relaxed, you stop to work on further promotion of the site – the goal is achieved.

Wait rejoice! This is only the first step of your work –must continue to support the process to strengthen the result. No result can not be eternal. We need to keep up with the times – it is not in place. From the point of view of search engines – your site was interesting to the user, it is continually referred to and suddenly one day new links stopped appearing. So, the site has become uninteresting? Him out of the top positions in the search!

Do not stop work on the site – and he will always be at the top of Yandex.

Mistake # 3 – no blog on the site.

One of my clients, the marketing Director of the company N, was asked to write some articles for posting on the website to attract additional traffic. When I asked: "How much do you need to write messages?", I said, "doesn't matter, nobody reads them..."

This is another error in your promotion strategy, which is found from the experts of the "old school promotion" - they consider feedback from the audience and regularly updated content is a waste of time.

How often you can change the content of your site? Almost never – because the site contains important information about you or your company, about your services and prices etc through messages in the blog you can daily add new content to your website that is loved by search engines because they see that the site is alive and well.

Mistake # 4 – ignoring the relevance of the content for the site.

Two big mistakes of Internet marketing:

  • Marketers think that people are stupid.
  • Marketers think that search engines are stupid.

Well-known marketer George Lois once said, "If you think people are stupid, you will spend your whole life on a stupid job".

And he's 100% right - people are not stupid, they are smart and most of all appreciate its credibility. If the visitor will see that you care about how the content meets his needs, he is unlikely to return to you again. Also the search engine can distinguish the contents on the pages of his subjects.

Do not repeat these basic errors and the number of visitors to your site will increase every day!