What cards to pay online
The possibility of online transactions depends on the card type, namely its class. Difference between Visa and MasterCard in this case. Today in Russia the greatest distribution was received the following card types:
- electronic cards Visa Electron and MasterCard Maestro and Momentum;
- classic cards Visa Classic and MasterCard Standard;
- premium cards Gold and Platinum.
As a rule, in the framework of salary projects, the banks release the first two varieties of cards. While the premium cards are ordered by the users themselves when reaching a certain social status.
Classic cards Visa Classic and MasterCard Standard allow for a full range of banking transactions, including online purchases.
Maestro and Visa Electron are often free but have limited functionality - they both allow you to pay in stores and withdraw cash. But to pay for them on the Internet in most cases impossible. The fact that the mandatory online payment is the security code (CVC2). On the Maestro and Momentum it is not, which makes online purchases possible. Visa Electron cards are sometimes able to pay for purchases online. This option is set by the Bank individually.
There is another kind of Bank cards that are just intended for those who often makes purchases online. It's a virtual cards without physical media, but with a full set of necessary details for payment. In Sberbank the cost of annual maintenance is 60 rubles. per year, in some banks it is free, and designed for one-time online payments.
Many believe that a lack of cards (cards on which there is no name and surname of the user) cannot be paid online. But it is not. Importantly, the map contains CVV code (CVC2), and the data of the payer shall indicate the name and surname in Latin, as they are spelled out in the contract.
Safety measures when paying by credit card on the Internet
If your card allows you to pay online, don't forget about additional measures of caution. There are a number of simple rules of security for online payments:
- you should shop only at trusted sites, after referring to the reviews about shopping;
- check the web site often, scammers create copies of the online stores that are different by one letter or number;
- try to shop on sites that support secure connection (SSL certificate), it should begin with "https://";
- use virtual card;
- connect the service "SMS-informing", which will allow you to instantly react to attempts to pay by card.
Many banks offer to use additional protection in the form of 3-D Secure Protocol. When paying by card online, the user must enter a one-time numeric code from the SMS messages coming to your mobile phone. Otherwise, the transaction will remain unconfirmed.