To achieve the desired future size of the blanket is the traditional method of add / remove several loops or entire rows, or to add or omit from the squares. To adjust parameters you need to take the yarn of a different weight or to use a different number of spokes. In the calculations it is necessary to remember the number of stitches for a border.
As a rule, plaid knit as a canvas, so before you start, you need to make sure that the appearance of the product was neat.
- You need to remember that the reverse side of your rug will also be visible. Therefore, it is preferable to use two-way binding that will look good on both sides.
- In order to give your product a neat appearance, you can sew the finished blanket edge.
- A new thread is added in the place where you can hide it with the edge.
- A delicate fabric lining will be very practical decoration of any plaid.
There are several methods to bind a blanket: squares, strips and parts, the piece or pieces. If you decide to knit a blanket in one fabric is knit in two directions on long circular needles, which contain a large number of loops. To ensure the smooth surface of the canvas can special banding – it can be dialed together with the main fabric or just on the edge when your product will be ready.
Plaid, consisting of several separate fragments, you can knit on the go or to share its production on a couple of people. In this method the components of the plaid are knitted separately and then combine them into one painting. For the connection of fragments you can use a contrasting thread. Assembly is done in three ways:
- Traditional stitch used to knit sweaters.
- Crochet – style without adding and prostovisa.
- Decorative stitch, for example – over the edge, zig-zag stitch.
The wet processing of the plaid is the best method to create fragments of knitting in the required forms and to align their edges. However, not all types of yarn should be applied wet processing.
In wet processing without the use of iron, the blanket is attached to the flat surface of the conventional pins – so it will take the desired shape. The product must dry. Knitted plaid iron is not needed, otherwise all the loops could lose some texture.
Advice 2: How to knit a blanket with needles
- circular or regular knitting needles;
- - a few skeins of thick yarn of the same or different colors;
- - the range;